Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness
16 Dec 2022read more
19 Oct 2022read more
Under Horizon Europe, the major societal challenges and European industrial competitiveness will be addressed under pillar two in six clusters:
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
- Civil Security for Society
- Digital, Industry and Space
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment.
The measures under this clusters are intended to generate new knowledge and contribute to the development from laboratory to market of first-class innovations in the EU and thus cover the entire innovation cycle. In addition to research and development activities, science communication, standardization, socio-economic and sustainability aspects as well as the promotion of gender equality will be horizontal elements of the programme.
Pillar two has a budget of EUR 53.8 billion which is around 56% of the total budget of Horizon Europe.