Standing sub group on the Global Approach
The group’s mandate is to provide the Commission with advice and support in relation to the implementation, monitoring and revision of the ERA Policy Agenda at EU and national level, including its list of joint actions, as well as to support coordination and cooperation among the Commisison, the Member States - and as appropriate the countries associated to the Framework Programme (‘associated countries’), relevant third countries and stakeholders - in line with the Council conclusions of 26 November 2021. 3.2.
In this context, the specific group’s tasks are as follows:
1. to assist the Commission in the preparation of initiatives with regard to future updates of the ERA Policy Agenda and alignment with other EU policies;
2. to assist the Commission in coordinating the implementation of the ERA Policy Agenda with Member States and stakeholders as well as associated countries and relevant third countries on a case-by-case basis;
3. to examine the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the ERA Policy Agenda through the ERA Scoreboard and the information provided through the ERA policy platform;
4. to contribute to the Commission’s work to draft a report for consideration by the Council on the state of play of the implementation of the ERA Policy Agenda every 18 months ;
5. to facilitate the preparation and implementation of additional ERA actions in variable geometry, with support from the Union where appropriate, as well as the exchange of best practices on national ERA policies and measures.